TOP TEN TIPS
1. Clean the lens!
2. Watch your lighting. Outside and indirect light is best.
3. The brightest light should be behind you, the photographer, but avoid making your subjects squint into the sun.
4. Do NOT use a flash.
5. Do NOT zoom in. Just get closer. (Mask up!)
6. Do NOT use filters or effects. Portrait mode is ok, but just for portraits.
7. Speaking of portraits, take several of each person. Have them talk, laugh and face slightly left and slightly right.
8. Try different angles and don’t always place your subject in the center. Learn about the rule of thirds and basic photo composition.
9. Avoid posed photos. Catch action, reaction and emotion.
10. Pay attention to distracting things in the background, move around to avoid them or wait for people to pass.
Back to Pivot Project
Back to Cameras and Photos