- Beware! With holiday breaks, deadlines are closer than they appear.
- Keep spirits high and staffers focused. Balance work time with fun time and start a staff tradition.
- Assign a veteran staffer to lead quality control. And, make sure new eyes are seeing finished spreads before they’re final. Spellcheck early and often.
- Do you have photo retakes? Upload the new photos and include a not-pictured list in your portraits section if that’s your community’s expectation.
- Is it rude to make holiday assignments? Not when there are great stories to tell. How do your students celebrate year-end holidays and spend their time off?
- Make sure eBusiness is updated with all in-school sales. Check books sold against your order. Did you order the right number?
- Look for opportunities to up your coverage. Can you fit a mod in that space? Ask your staffers, “How many books have you sold on this spread?”
- Yearbooks are a gift. Provide a certificate or holiday card for parents who want to stuff a stocking.
- Taking photos inside can be difficult, and outside, it’s getting darker and darker. Whether you’re covering basketball or parades, pre-plan your hardest shots and camera settings.
ENJOY WINTER BREAK. YOU EARNED IT!