MAKE THEM FEEL WELCOME
So, you have new staffers. Now, it is time to bring them into your happy family. Get them excited and ready to take on the year with your current staff. Here are a few ways to help them feel like part of the team.
- INVITE THEM TO SUMMER WORKSHOPS. The chances are high that your new staffers don’t have a lot of yearbook (or general journalism) experience. The best way to get everyone on the same page — before the next school year begins — is by attending a summer workshop together. Not to mention, this is a great opportunity for your staff to bond and create relationships. Find local, regional and national workshops here. Get your staffers excited for the HJ Summer Virtual Workshop on July 10-12. Register today here.
- GET THEM SOME *OFFICIAL* STAFF MERCH. Nothing says “welcome to the team” like matching staff shirts! This yearbook swag will make your staffers feel like part of the squad. Plus, putting together a little welcome package for your staffers is a great way to retain that excitement and revive that initiative they had when they completed the application.
- HAVE A PARTY! Hello, pizza parties and icebreakers! Everyone loves to feel celebrated. Kick off your yearbook on the right foot with a staff get together. Find some inspo on our HJ Yearbook Pinterest board.
- Adviser Takeover: I didn’t know that I didn’t know. - September 23, 2023
- STAFFER TAKE OVER: eDesign Sticky Notes Make Editing Easy - September 11, 2023
- ADVISER TAKEOVER: How to Involve Your School Community in YBK Sales - September 1, 2023