Some elementary schools have clubs for students to participate in after school which might also be covered in the yearbook.
GROUP CLUB PHOTOS
If you plan to include clubs in the yearbook you’ll want to start by:
• Obtaining a list of clubs and sponsors from the school office
• Contacting the sponsor to learn the day/time for meetings/competitions, list of members and officers
• Contact the school photographer to schedule group photos OR set up a time to have group photos taken by a parent
CLUBS IN ACTION
Including club group photos is a traditional way of recognizing club members. At the beginning of the year, or season, ask club leaders to take a few photos during meetings, activities or competitions that show the kids in action to share with the yearbook.
Create and reproduce a simple half-sheet questionnaire. Provide each club sponsor with enough forms for each member and ask them to return the completed questionnaires to you. Below are some sample questions you might want to include.
• Explain why you chose to join this club.
• What has your favorite activity been this year. Why?
• What will you remember most about being part of the ____ club?
To access a worksheet to help you keep track of covering your Clubs, click the Clubs Checklist link below.