HOW TO INSTALL FONTS IN A WINDOWS® OPERATING SYSTEM
The Herff Jones Fonts are located in the Fonts folder on the Software DVD.
We are continually updating our font collection to ensure compatibility with the latest software. To be sure that you are working with the most recent font version, it is important to remove any previous versions of the Herff Jones fonts before you install new fonts. Herff Jones fonts all begin with “AHJ.” This should help you identify which fonts are part of the Herff Jones collection.
When the Technology Installer on the Software DVD is run, a Yearbook folder is automatically created on the hard drive inside the Herff Jones folder. Inside the Yearbook folder, a Fonts folder is also automatically created to hold all of the Herff Jones fonts, AHJ Sans and AHJ Times are copied into this folder by the installer. Copy the fonts you want to use from the Fonts folder on the Software DVD into the Fonts folder.
Refer to the instructions below to find the instructions for installing the Herff Jones fonts with your particular version of Windows® 2000/XP/Vista/7/8.
- Open the Fonts Folder in the Yearbook folder.
- Double-click on the font you want to install.
- To install a PostScript font, double-click on the .pfm file.
- Click Install in the font preview window.
- Click the red X to close the window.
Install fonts through the Fonts Control Panel.
OPEN THE FONTS CONTROL PANEL
- Click on the Start button, select Settings, then Control Panel.
- Double-click on the Fonts folder.
TO INSTALL A FONT
- Choose Install new font… from the File menu.
- Vista users may have to press ALT to see the File menu
- Choose the C: drive from the Drives: pop-up menu.
- Double-click on the C: drive in the Folders: (left) column.
- Double-click on the Herff Jones directory in the Folders: (left) column.
- Double-click on the Yearbook directory in the Folders: (left) column.
- Double-click on the Fonts directory in the Folders: (left) column.
- The fonts will appear under List of fonts: (top left).
- Click on a font to select it. Select more than one by holding down the Control key.
- Click OK to install the font(s).
EXIT THE FONTS CONTROL PANEL
- Choose Close from the File menu.
NOTE: Only add the fonts that are needed.
TO UNINSTALL A FONT
- Click on the Start button > Settings > Control Panel
- Double-click on the Fonts folder
- Highlight the fonts you wish to delete
- Press the Delete key