- Warm and sunny day? All hands on deck to get spring sports covered!
- As you make pages final, assign a staffer to clean up computer files and archive this year’s work.
- Run your index (again). Make sure a responsible staffer has ownership of the index and is tracking finalized pages.
- Supplements should be underway. These are great training tools for younger staffers.
- Know your end date for selling books through Yearbook Order Center and publicize it to those last-minute buyers.
- Run eBusiness reports to identify who still needs to buy a book. And, if you still have unsold books (and you do in-school sales), keep selling to non-buyers.
- Do you have a distribution day plan? It’s not too early.
- Interview applicants for next year’s staff. If you don’t have the best of the best, start recruiting and asking for recommendations.
- Look for summer workshops in your area and start the paperwork to make those happen.
- Plan fundraisers for the spring. Photo booths at prom, car washes, yard sales.
- Look at your photography equipment and start your wishlist for next year.
- Start training your editors and leaders for next year. Make time for your new leaders to shadow their peers, especially if you have seniors graduating.
- Plan around your spring workshop. Don’t miss those deadlines!