- If you’re planning distribution day, check the April checklist, which was dedicated to that very topic.
- Submit your supplement now.
- Make your final invoice payment and plan your budget for next year.
- Submit your book to Portfolio, a showcase of Herff Jones’ best books. Find the form at YearbookDiscoveries.com.
- Write thank you notes to all who assisted with this year’s book.
- Submit your book to NSPA, CSPA and state organizations for evaluations.
- Have outgoing editors write job descriptions and letters to next year’s editors.
- Hold one-on-one interviews with each staff member about the good and bad of the year. Compile ideas for future growth.
- Design theme packets as a class project.
- Create a tentative ladder.
- Notify rising seniors and their parents about required photo deadlines and costs. If possible, insert a flyer into rising senior newsletters and mail from the school.
- Plan next year’s ad campaign and begin selling. Send renewal letters to all existing advertisers.
- Get book and ad sales fliers ready for next year’s registration packet or online newsletter. Update your school website for the summer.
- Develop an exchange list and share your book (or PDFs of your favorite spreads) with other schools.
- Establish a plan for summer coverage.
- Schedule summer get-togethers and make contact lists. Start team-building between new and incoming staffers.
- Make final summer camp arrangements.