- Check your deadlines for cover and endsheets.
- Celebrate National Yearbook Week by spreading the love. And, follow along with Herff Jones’ week-long celebration.
- If spreads are being created without a consistent set of fonts or design templates, HALT. Don’t make more work for your staff. Set ground rules before you get too far.
- Done with picture day? On to club picture day. Go to LearnYBK.com to find the plan in section 10.
- Don’t forget fall sports teams. Get coaches or other players you know or have on your staff to help identify the players.
- Make sure every page or spread has a folio.
- Are your staffers keeping up with who’s doing what? Remember: All stories and photos need bylines.
- Set up character styles and make sure your whole staff knows how to use them consistently. Make a chart and put them on the wall so everyone can see.
- Kick off all that senior hoopla before senioritis sets in. Get ads, superlatives — if you do those — and senior features done before they become scarce.
- Have you set mini-deadlines yet? Make sure you are getting pages done in small chunks.
- It may be time to raise book prices. Make sure to have a big sales push before you do!
- Check in with your staffers. Make sure teams are getting along.
- Have your promoted your business and parent ad deadlines?