Make the holidays a little less hectic for your student body’s parents. Advertise the yearbook as the perfect holiday gift. They might have been planning on buying one for their son or daughter anyway, but now, it’s an item that can be checked off two to-do lists — genius. And I won’t provide this idea without giving you what you need to execute it flawlessly.
Download this PDF to email or hand out to parents who buy yearbooks as gifts for their students. It’s that easy.
You can advertise a few different ways:
- If your school has a parent/teacher night coming up, this would be an ideal time for the yearbook staff to be present and selling books as holiday gifts. Make attention-grabbing signs: “The gift that lasts a lifetime!” “Yearbooks make great holiday gifts!” When parents buy a book as a gift, hand them a printable card that they can wrap up or place in a card in the meantime!
- Parent/teacher conferences are often held sans students. This is another great time to sell yearbooks as gifts without the student knowing. (No peeking!)
- Craft a quick email stating that if parents buy a book within a designated window, they’ll be emailed the printable holiday cards to wrap and gift to their students.
- Having a yearbook booth and staffers at the basketball games or wrestling matches isn’t a bad idea, either. Yes, students attend these events, too, but this is a great time to reach parents directly and offer them the chance to buy a yearbook as a holiday gift. They’ll love the ease of it all!
- Holiday concerts and performances aren’t hard to come by this time of year. Consider selling to parents at these events, as well.
No matter which avenue you choose to take, be sure to provide parent buyers with the printables so a promising gift can be opened. It’s the little things. And when the yearbook arrives, their faces will light up all over again!
Being a yerd for three years led me to what I do now — write. Aside from that, the things that make me happiest are: cooking (despite how the end product may turn out), sand, waves and sunshine, all things pineapple and every single moment spent with the ones who mean the most to me.