Happy new year! We’re not even two weeks into 2017, but we hope you are already feeling more motivated and inspired than ever to meet goals including, but not limited to, selling remaining yearbooks, drinking more water, meeting deadlines on time, squeezing in more gym time and beginning to set your sights on spring yearbook coverage. (The holidays just ended… how are we already talking about spring??) Well, this is yearbook and that’s how it goes. Check out a list of goals to focus on as your staff hits the ground running this new year.
- Finalize winter sports, clubs’ events and academics.
- Plan a “Last Chance” sales campaign.
- Review the ladder and complete signatures wherever possible.
- Begin thinking about how you’ll recruit next year’s staff.
- Plan spring coverage and give staffers their assignments.
- Continue to update and check the index.
- Make sure your plant has received final copy counts and personalization orders.
- Request new faculty/student list.
- Make sure deposits have been paid.
- Has an advertiser not paid for their ad space? Check in and re-invoice them.
- Look into spring workshops and conventions, like CSPA and JEA/NSPA.
You’ll want to cross your T’s, dot your I’s and cover all bases from here on out to ensure the book is completed on time, is accurate, all-inclusive and is truly a publication to be proud of. Paying attention to this checklist is a great way to restart.
Do you have any new year tips that motivate your staff after the holidays? Please share with us and other advisers in the comments section below.